Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Andrew <an...@ugh.net.au> on 2003/04/10 06:00:17 UTC

[users@httpd] not matching sub-directories?

Hi,

I am having a problem with my handler not firing for files in
subdirectories (though everything works fine for the parent directory). In
httpd.conf I have:

<Directory /path/to/restricted>
        Action custom_auth /cgi-bin/auth.pl
        SetHandler custom_auth
</Directory>

When I access a file in /path/to/restricted the handler is called. If I
access a file is /path/to/restricted/test than handler isn't called.

I'm running Apache 1.3.26.

Thanks,

Andrew

Re: [users@httpd] not matching sub-directories?

Posted by Andrew <an...@ugh.net.au>.

On Thu, 10 Apr 2003, Andrew wrote:

> When I access a file in /path/to/restricted the handler is called. If I
> access a file is /path/to/restricted/test than handler isn't called.

OK I seem to have worked out more...the directory it works on has an
index.html file so the request for the directory is actually a request for
a file. The fact that it was the base directory was a coincidence.

It comes down to my handler is only called for files and not for directory
listings.

This isn't wonderful but I can live with it. If anyone has any idea how to
fix that I'd be happy to know but its not vital.

Thanks,

Andrew