Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Andrej Hollmann <An...@tu-dresden.de> on 2011/03/28 10:24:31 UTC

asynchronous messages - long running operations

Dear axis community,

I want implement a web service which has long running operations, I want send messages about progress of execution of such operations to the client.
How can I do so in java/axis2?

In Book "Developing Web Services with Apache Axis2" is described the scenario where a server sends many messages to a client on predefined port. The client listen to this port and thus can receive all transmitted  messages. Is there any examples or Tutorials how to sent many asynchronous messages from server to a client with java/axis2?

Best Regards
Andrej

Dipl.-Medieninf. Andreas Hollmann
Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter

Technische Universität Dresden
Fakultät Bauingenieurwesen
Institut für Bauinformatik
01062 Dresden

Re: asynchronous messages - long running operations

Posted by Christophe Noël <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hello Andrej,

I have already ask for examples of such a communication pattern, one IN /
many OUT, but for now, I haven't found how to do it with Axis2.
Please, let's keep in touch in case anybody found a solution.

Christophe.

--
Christophe Noël