Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by David Gradwell <da...@gradwell.com> on 2021/03/11 18:48:09 UTC

Payara picks up the old version of code when I go "Debug" on a servlet

Looks like Payara is picking up the wrong version of my code when I debug a servlet from NetBeans.

The work around is to go into the Admin page and undeploy the old version of the servlet.  Then go back to NetBeans and try debug again.  This then uses the latest version of the code.

I suspect this has been a problem in the last few versions of the NetBeans/Payara combination but only now have I been able to find exactly what was happening, find a work around and articulate the problem.  In trying to cure the problem, I tried many things such as deleting the NetBeans cache, deleting the .m2 cache and changing project version numbers.  None of these helped.

I decided to use NetBeans 12.3 and clean build.  That didn’t help either !  The good news is that I’ve recompiled most of my code with 12.3 successfully with no issues.

The behaviour I would have expected from the NetBeans/Payara combination is that when I go debug on a servlet, the NetBeans/Payara combination runs the latest version of my code, being the project I’ve just gone right click debug on.

Has anyone else had a similar problem ?

Is it a bug worth reporting or just the way Payara works ?  I have kept evidence if needed.

Regards

David Gradwell