Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org> on 2018/02/06 21:32:25 UTC

Re: Next Steps: GA Grid: Request to contribute GA library to Apache Ignite

Sorry guys, the latest replies skimmed through my radar. I’ll arrange some time this or next week to do the paperwork. Let’s plan to release the GA library as a part of ML framework in Ignite 2.5. Luckily, we have a plenty of time for that.

—
Denis

Posted by Yury Babak <y....@gmail.com>.
Turik, Denis

Today GA Grid was merged into Apache Ignite.

Regards,
Yury

Re: Next Steps: GA Grid: Request to contribute GA library to Apache Ignite

Posted by techbysample <tu...@netmille.com>.
Yury,

I have removed pom.good.xml from ml module.

Regards
Turik

Re: Next Steps: GA Grid: Request to contribute GA library to Apache Ignite

Posted by Yury Babak <y....@gmail.com>.
Turik,

Also please remove pom.good.xml from ml module.

Regards,
Yury

Re: Next Steps: GA Grid: Request to contribute GA library to Apache Ignite

Posted by techbysample <tu...@netmille.com>.
Yury,

I have reviewed and removed unnecessary pom files.

In addition, I have updated my branch from master.

Thanks.

Best,
Turik

Re: Next Steps: GA Grid: Request to contribute GA library to Apache Ignite

Posted by Yury Babak <y....@gmail.com>.
Turik,

I've made a review, please check it on the github, there is a question about
pom files there. Also please update your branch from master.

At this point we almost ready for merge.

Regards,
Yury

Re: Next Steps: GA Grid: Request to contribute GA library to Apache Ignite

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.

> Based on Denis' request, I understand that Oleg/Yuri will handle merging
> 'pull-request' into main codebase.

Exactly, I'm expecting the same.

--
Denis

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Turik, All,

Congratulations, the vote passed by lazy consensus. Feel free to merge the
pull-request into the main code base. Oleg, Yuri, should help with this.

Ping me once this happens, I would discuss documentation and promotion
related questions.

Please help to brag about this:
https://twitter.com/denismagda/status/968253956286644224

--
Denis

Posted by techbysample <tu...@netmille.com>.
Denis,

Great! Thanks for the update.

Best,
Turik Campbell

Re: Next Steps: GA Grid: Request to contribute GA library to Apache Ignite

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Turik, All,

The IP clearance form is ready [1], and the final vote on general@incubator
is on the go [2].

Once the vote passes (72 hours), I'll finalize the process letting you know
when the code can be merged.

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/ga-grid-ignite.html
[2]
http://apache-incubator-general.996316.n3.nabble.com/IP-CLEARANCE-Apache-Ignite-Genetic-Algorithms-Grid-td57791.html

--
Denis

Posted by techbysample <tu...@netmille.com>.
Denis,

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Guys,

Having troubles connecting to ASF subversion to fill in the IP clearance
form today. Something messy with a networking environment in my current
workplace.

Anyway, checked up that we have everything in place to complete the form
and finish the process. Please don't merge the pull-request until the IP
clearance vote passes.

I'll keep you posted.

--
Denis