Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Peter Adolphs <pe...@dfki.de> on 2012/01/24 12:10:57 UTC

FSIterator.copy() not always pointing at same annotation

The documentation of FSIterator.copy() says that it returns a "copy of this
iterator, pointing at the same element". For some input with multiple
annotations of the same type at the same span (but with different feature
values), I noticed that the copy points to a different annotation at the same
span, effectively skipping some annotations at this position. Is this a bug or
do I misinterpret the API?

I guess this is related to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-1601 which
was fixed in UIMA 2.4.0. I have reproduced the problem with UIMA 2.3.1 and 2.4.0.

Best regards,

Peter Adolphs

--
Peter Adolphs
DFKI GmbH, Projektbüro Berlin, Alt-Moabit 91c, D-10559 Berlin

Deutsches Forschungszentrum für Künstliche Intelligenz GmbH
Firmensitz: Trippstadter Strasse 122, D-67663 Kaiserslautern

Geschaeftsführung:
Dr. Walter Olthoff

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:
Prof. Dr. h.c. Hans A. Aukes