Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Walter Mourão <wa...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/21 13:34:48 UTC

[Trinidad] Trinidad and Glassfish: resource servlet does not work

Hi folks,
I'm trying to make an existing Trinidad (1.0.10) application to work in
Glassfish (2.1.1).
After creating the sun-web.xml with the property useMyFaces=true, the
application started to work, but the resources from Trinidad (css,
javascript) isn't going to the browser.
The urls inside the html source code are correct and it looks like the
servlet isn't being executed.
I checked in Glassfish and the servlet is recognized (appears as
"sub-component" of the web application).

Any hints ?

Thanks in advance,

Walter Mourão
http://waltermourao.com.br
http://arcadian.com.br
http://oriens.com.br

Re: [Trinidad] Trinidad and Glassfish: resource servlet does not work

Posted by Walter Mourão <wa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Folks, It's working !

I migrated the application to MyFaces 1.2.8, Trinidad 1.2.10, removed the
el-api and el-ri dependencies, rebuilt and it's working fine in Glassfish
too!

Best regards,

Walter Mourão
http://waltermourao.com.br
http://arcadian.com.br
http://oriens.com.br

>>> http://arcadian.com.br

Posted by Luka Surija <lu...@iytim.hr>.

Posted by schneidc <si...@gmx.de>.
Hi,

I think this is the right place to ask, as I'm also having problems with the
resources.

I'm using Glassfish V2.1, Trinidad 1.2.12, MyFaces 1.2.8 and Facelets. My
pages get displayed but as soon as it gets to showing images or accessing
the stylesheet file these aren't found.

A snippet from my faces-config:

	<servlet>
		<servlet-name>faces</servlet-name>
		<servlet-class>org.apache.myfaces.webapp.MyFacesServlet</servlet-class>
		<load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
	</servlet>
	<listener>

<listener-class>org.apache.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener</listener-class>
	</listener>

	<filter>
		<filter-name>trinidad</filter-name>

<filter-class>org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.webapp.TrinidadFilter</filter-class>
	</filter>
	<filter-mapping>
		<filter-name>trinidad</filter-name>
		<!-- This assumes that the FacesServlet has been registered -->
		<!-- under the name "faces" -->
		<servlet-name>faces</servlet-name>
	</filter-mapping>
	<servlet>
		<servlet-name>resources</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.webapp.ResourceServlet</servlet-class>
	</servlet>
	<servlet-mapping>
		<servlet-name>resources</servlet-name>
		<url-pattern>/adf/*</url-pattern>
	</servlet-mapping>
	<context-param>
		<param-name>org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.resource.DEBUG</param-name>
		<param-value>true</param-value>
	</context-param>

	<context-param>

<param-name>org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.ALTERNATE_VIEW_HANDLER</param-name>

<param-value>org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.facelets.TrinidadFaceletViewHandler</param-value>
	</context-param>
	<context-param>

<param-name>org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.FACELETS_VIEW_MAPPINGS</param-name>
		<param-value>.xhtml</param-value>
	</context-param>

trinidad-config:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<trinidad-config xmlns="http://myfaces.apache.org/trinidad/config">
    <!-- Enable debug output -->
    <debug-output>true</debug-output>
    <accessibility-mode>default</accessibility-mode>
    <skin-family>vkb</skin-family>
</trinidad-config>

and trinidad-skins:

<skins xmlns="http://myfaces.apache.org/trinidad/skin">
    <skin>
        <id>vkb.desktop</id>
        <family>vkb</family>
        <render-kit-id>org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.desktop</render-kit-id>
    </skin>
</skins>

I was using exact the same configuration on a Websphere App Server and there
everything worked fine. The only error message I get now when calling a page
is:

SEVERE: Could not load style sheet: theme/stylesheet.css
SEVERE: java.io.FileNotFoundException: Unable to locate style sheet
"theme/stylesheet.css" in local styles directory
(C:\Programme\GlassfishV2\domains\domain1\generated\jsp\j2ee-apps\ZVD_VS_EAR\ZVD_VS_WEB_war\adf\styles),
or on the class path.

I also added the sun-web.xml when I found this thread to tell the Glassfish
that I'm using MyFaces but this didn't change anything.

Anybody an idea why resources aren't working here?

Simon

Re: [Trinidad] Trinidad and Glassfish: resource servlet does not work

Posted by Bart Kummel <ba...@kummelweb.nl>.
Hi Walter,

I never used 1.1, so I don't have experience with 1.1 to 1.2 migration.
However, I think the changes from 1.1 to 1.2 shouldn't have much impact. For
what I know, most are improvements that will only make your life easier. If
I were you, I'd try upgrading and see if the existing code runs without
changes. Good luck!

Regards,
Bart

>>> http://arcadian.com.br