Posted to dev@whirr.apache.org by David Dundas <da...@textingly.com> on 2012/01/07 18:05:53 UTC

Dying because - net.schmizz.sshj.transport.TransportException: Broken transport; encountered EOF

I keep on getting this error when trying to launch a cluster.

I notice that the cluster unsuccessfully when I use the configuration of:

whirr.instance-templates=1 hadoop-namenode+hadoop-jobtracker,2
hadoop-datanode+hadoop-tasktracker

however it everything works as expected when I use the configuration of:

whirr.instance-templates=1
hadoop-namenode+hadoop-jobtracker+hadoop-datanode+hadoop-tasktracker

So in order to make whirl work I am forced to launch the same number of
each instance which is a bit of overkill.

Thanks for any help!

Re: Dying because - net.schmizz.sshj.transport.TransportException: Broken transport; encountered EOF

Posted by Andrei Savu <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi David,

Sorry for the late reply. I think you are also affected by a timing issue.
We are starting all the services at the same time with no coordination and
sometimes (quite often) the datanode / tasktracker tries to start before
the namenode / jobtracker is started.

>From my point of view this is a critical issue we need to address in 0.8.0.

-- Andrei Savu / andreisavu.ro

Posted by David Dundas <da...@textingly.com>.