Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Jorge Fernandez <in...@yahoo.es> on 2007/07/05 14:32:20 UTC

xs:element in schemas

Hi,

I see in the schemas generated by WSDL that there are elements called xs:ComplexType and elements xs:element with the same name. What is the purpose for the last ones??

Regards,

Jorge Fernández

---------------------------------

¡Descubre una nueva forma de obtener respuestas a tus preguntas!
Entra en Yahoo! Respuestas.

Re: xs:element in schemas

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com>.
<xs:element> defines an element, and that element is declared to be of
a particular type, e.g.:
     <xs:element name="Employee" type="tns:employee"/>

<xs:complexType> (or <xs:simpleType>) defines a type, not an element.
It describes the content and structure of elements of its type. e.g.:
            <xs:complexType name="employee">
              <xs:sequence>
                 <xs:element name="Name" type="xs:string"/>
              </xs:sequence>
            </xs:complexType>

A document contains elements, not types:

<Employee xmlns="urn:example:employee">
   <Name="Jorge"/>
</Employee>

Anne