Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by udo polder <ud...@epunkt.com> on 2001/02/05 15:34:38 UTC

problem with entity

hi to all

i got a problem with the xerces-parser. i'm using the parser to store
svg-files into database. a file looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="no"?>
<!DOCTYPE svg [
 <!ENTITY st998 "font-size:25;color:red;fill:#ab3fdd">
]>
<svg width="200" height="200">
<g id="shadow" style="&st999;">
 <rect x="0" y="0" width="100" height="100"/>
</g>
</svg>

my problem is that when i read the file from disk, with the parser, every
"&st999"-style entity is replaced with the text defined in the entity.
--> '<g id="shadow" style="font-size:25;color:red;fill:#ab3fdd">
this is very bad, because when generating the file from databse i need to
replace some values in the style-entity, depending on ohter values from db.

can anyone tell me if there is an possebility to leave the "&st999" entries
instead of replacing them?

if yes please write also back to udo@epunkt.com

thanks

mfg udo polder