Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Stanislaw Osinski <st...@gmail.com> on 2005/10/17 21:32:18 UTC

Re: Clustering with Lucene

Hi Joe,

I'm one of Carrot2 developers and I have good news for you :) The example of
using Carrot2 with Lucene is in the Carrot2 repository on SourceForge.net (
http://sourceforge.net/projects/carrot2). Please check out the "carrot2"
module (http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/carrot2/carrot2/) and have a
look at the "applications/carrot2-lucene-example/" directory.

I've indexed the Open Directory Data with Lucene and integrated the index
with Carrot, you can have a look at the results here:

http://demo.carrot-search.com/carrot2-remote-controller/newsearch.do?query=clustering&processingChain=carrot2.process.lingo-cluster-odp&resultsRequested=200

Finally, here is a developer's manual for Carrot:

http://www.cs.put.poznan.pl/dweiss/carrot/manual/carrot2-developers-manual.html

Please let me know if you have any problems. I'm also very curious how
Carrot works in your application.

Cheers,

Stanislaw

--