Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Sabhya Kaushal <sa...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/09 16:59:19 UTC

INTRODUCTION

Hey Juergen,

Joined. Finally.

Both the projects that I chose were of my liking. And I have no difficulty
in proceeding with the CMIS project,
because as you said, the Eclipse plugin project has already been selected.

I have almost two years worth of experience in Java Programming language,
and being familiar with the basic
structure of the language, I am pretty hopeful that I will be able to meet
the needs of the project, and any amount
of dedication that it may require.

i have quite a bit of knowledge regarding package development, class
formations, and deprecations. Also, i have
been familiarizing myself with the UNO architecture and UBC/UCP, and I have
been using the OpenOffice for
quite sometime now.

I work on the NetBeans platform, and would like to become even more
familiar with it by browsing its functionality
on a deeper scale, which is required for this project.

p.s. I had read on an online blog that I may be provided with some
debugging exercises, or is that an after-phase?
Kindly let me know.

regards,
Sabhya Kaushal

--
sabhya007kaushal@gmail.com

Re: INTRODUCTION

Posted by Alexandro Colorado <jz...@oooes.org>.
On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 10:04 AM, Alexandro Colorado <jz...@oooes.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 9:59 AM, Sabhya Kaushal <sabhya007kaushal@gmail.com
> > wrote:
>
>> Hey Juergen,
>>
>> Joined. Finally.
>>
>> Both the projects that I chose were of my liking. And I have no difficulty
>> in proceeding with the CMIS project,
>> because as you said, the Eclipse plugin project has already been selected.
>>

> Isnt the same project that Cedric is doing on LibreOffice, I think his
> talk at FOSDEM was about the same thing. Not sure how advanced is Cedric
> project, but I wonder if this consist in just cloning the functionality to
> an Apache License.

Ah sorry, now I re-read the previous email I see that the CMIS is different
from the one I knew. here was a slight acronym collision.

Re: INTRODUCTION

Posted by Alexandro Colorado <jz...@oooes.org>.

Re: INTRODUCTION

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 10:59 AM, Sabhya Kaushal
<sa...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hey Juergen,
>
> Joined. Finally.
>
> Both the projects that I chose were of my liking. And I have no difficulty
> in proceeding with the CMIS project,
> because as you said, the Eclipse plugin project has already been selected.

Nothing is already selected or decided.  Feel free to submit a proposal
related to any of the ideas we've posted, or even come up with your own
idea and write a proposal for that.

The timeline for this is here:
http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/events/google/gsoc2013

So for the next two weeks is the time for you to ask questions, float
ideas, etc.  The actual application process for students doesn't start
until April 22nd, and the deadline for student proposals is May 3rd.  So
plenty of time to explore your options.

Regards,

-Rob