Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by david joffrin <da...@hotmail.com> on 2005/04/01 00:22:04 UTC

Inheritance???

Hi,

I have a class A like that:
class A {
public boolean isMale() {...};
}
my html A is using isMale with a Conditional component.

I have now a class B like that:
class A extends B {
}
my html B is using isMale as well... however, I have the following
exception:
Unable to resolve expression '! subCategory' for
com.etil.sudetp.presentation.http.page.B$Enhance_72@124bd93[B].

In the past, I copied and pasted the methods again and again, but I am sure
there is a better solution. Am I right?

Thanks.
DvJ

Re: Inheritance???

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
On Mar 31, 2005, at 5:22 PM, david joffrin wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a class A like that:
> class A {
> public boolean isMale() {...};
> }
> my html A is using isMale with a Conditional component.
>
> I have now a class B like that:
> class A extends B {
> }
> my html B is using isMale as well... however, I have the following
> exception:
> Unable to resolve expression '! subCategory' for
> com.etil.sudetp.presentation.http.page.B$Enhance_72@124bd93[B].

What does "subCategory" have to do with "isMale"?

Inheritance works just fine with methods like this, or at least it
should - perhaps its just the mismatch of methods here?

	Erik