Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Matthias Koch <m....@j2ee-solutions.biz> on 2005/01/30 12:55:39 UTC

Spring portlet

Hi,

its my first time working with jetspeed, because I used the Spring Framework for
my applications I just will test how I can integrate them into jetspeed.

For testing this I used the Spring Countries Demo, I added the libs:

portal-bridged-common
portal-bridged-frameworks
portal-bridged-velocity

and velocity and velocity-tools

and I created this portlet.xml file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<portlet-app id="spring-demo" version="1.0">
  <portlet id="SpringDemo">
    <init-param>
      <name>ViewPage</name>
      <value>/home.htm</value>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>
      <name>HelpPage</name>
      <value>/home.htm</value>
    </init-param>
    <portlet-name>SpringPortletDemo</portlet-name>
    <display-name>Spring Portlet Demo</display-name>
    <description>This is the Spring countries portlet demo</description>

<portlet-class>org.apache.portals.bridges.frameworks.GenericFrameworkPortlet</portlet-class>
    <expiration-cache>-1</expiration-cache>
    <supports>
      <mime-type>text/html</mime-type>
      <portlet-mode>VIEW</portlet-mode>
      <portlet-mode>HELP</portlet-mode>
    </supports>
    <portlet-info>
      <title>SpringPortletTitle</title>
      <short-title>This is the short title</short-title>
      <keywords>Spring</keywords>
    </portlet-info>
  </portlet>
</portlet-app>

and I createt this psml file: spring-demo.psml

<page id="spring">
  <defaults
     skin="orange"
     layout-decorator="tigris"
     portlet-decorator="tigris"
  />
  <title>Spring Portlet Countries Demo</title>
  <fragment id="sd-1" type="layout" name="jetspeed::VelocityTwoColumns">
    <fragment id="spring-15" type="portlet"
name="spring-demo::SpringPortletDemo">
      <property layout="TwoColumns" name="row" value="0" />
      <property layout="TwoColumns" name="column" value="0" />
    </fragment>
  </fragment>
  <metadata name="title" xml:lang="ja">
        Spring
  </metadata>
</page>

now the Portlet is available but when I will start(use) is I get the following
error:

 Portlet is Not Available: SpringPortletDemo
Reason: PortletFactory: Failed to load portlet
org.apache.portals.bridges.frameworks.GenericFrameworkPortlet:javax.portlet.PortletException:
Spring Configuration file not specified

Can anyone help me getting this portlet to run, please?
or any hints what i have maked wrong?

thank you

mfg Matthias

Re: Spring portlet

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Matthias Koch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> its my first time working with jetspeed, because I used the Spring Framework for
> my applications I just will test how I can integrate them into jetspeed.
>
>  Portlet is Not Available: SpringPortletDemo
> Reason: PortletFactory: Failed to load portlet
> org.apache.portals.bridges.frameworks.GenericFrameworkPortlet:javax.portlet.PortletException:
> Spring Configuration file not specified
>
> Can anyone help me getting this portlet to run, please?
> or any hints what i have maked wrong?

You will need to add these settings to your portlet def:

         <init-param>
             <name>spring-configuration</name>

<value>/WEB-INF/velocity/spring-portlet-configuration.xml</value>
         </init-param>
         <init-param>
             <name>validator-configuration</name>
             <value>/WEB-INF/velocity/validator-configuration.xml</value>
         </init-param>

Look here for examples:

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-jetspeed-2/portals-bridges/library/

--