Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by "KIND,LANCE (HP-FtCollins,ex1)" <la...@hp.com> on 2001/07/17 00:37:13 UTC

ProxyGen submission two musings

Later this week or the next, I will release a Proxy Generator that deals
with arrays and names the proxy classes more clearly.  Its up to the
submitters, but you may want to wait on merging the source in until then...
After that I think management is going to put me to work doing something
else; that will be my last submission.

Speaking of class naming, what should we name the Proxy class that
implements a web service?

Since HPSOAP mapped URL to web services, the code currently names it after
the URL.  Since axis maps method namespace to webservices and the URL stays
the same, this code should do something different.

BTW: Axis IRCers, I figured out what the WSDL spec was trying to suggest for
method namespaces: the 'namespace' attribute declared in the <soap:body>
section for that operation.  Interestingly enough, there are two
soap:body's, one for the <input> message and one for the <output> message.
I took the assumption that the method namespace should use the soap:body
element found in the <input> element since the proxy class is indeed forming
the input message.  See section 3.5 first bullet item in WSDL spec for your
entertainment purposes.

Here are some thoughts that I have, please let me know what you think on
Proxy class naming:
- name of the class related to the namespace of the input method.  Example
namespaces found in the WSDL spec and the
ilab:http://example.com/stockquote, http://soapinterop.org/,... OK most of
the ones in ilab would come out pretty yucky.

- name the class the name of the service: <service
name="StockQuoteService">.  Examples:Interop, SoapInterop,
AbysalEmailService (see http://www.abysal.com/WSDLFiles/AbysalEmail.wsdl if
your interested)

Right now I am leaning toward using the service name...  Any suggestions?

==>Lancer---