Posted to adffaces-user@incubator.apache.org by Koci Martin <Ma...@aura.cz> on 2006/07/28 16:02:03 UTC

selectInputText is not calling jsf converter after return from dialog?

Hello,

I try to use selectInputText for following:

1) Component selectInputText has value binding pointing to complex
object, e.g.
value="#{s014modelId.publicationAPBlockModel.updateDto.prejimajiciSTANAG}" (where the last part is not String object)

2) User can start dialog with button and in dialog he/she can select
exactly one object

Problem: after return from dialog selectInputText fills itself with
toString() representation of selected object, but I need to fill input
box with other string representation of selected object - I think
registered  jsf converter should be called.

Thanks

Martin

Re: selectInputText is not calling jsf converter after return from dialog?

Posted by Adam Winer <aw...@gmail.com>.
UIXSelectInput currently takes the dialog return
value and sets it as the submitted value.  That's
not quite right.  Could you file a JIRA issue on this
subject?

-- Adam Winer