Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Crocker, Patrick" <Pa...@bear.com> on 2007/11/08 15:55:24 UTC

Struts 2.1 release date?

Working with Struts 2.0.x as an MVC framework has been a very enjoyable
experience.  Working with Struts 2.0.x with the built-in Dojo
integration has been a frustrating experience to say the least.

Looking at the 2.x docs, I see that the struts-dojo-tags taglib
(http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/ajax-tags.html,
http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/ajax-and-javascript-recipes.html)
solve a lot of the 2.0.x issues (I LOVE the separation of the ajax
taglib from the 'normal' taglib!)

I'd love to play with 2.1... but I work in a corporate environment where
Maven snapshot repositories are not allowed...

I read that (http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/release-notes-210.html)
"The proposed tag date for the build is 7 Oct 2007"...  do we have any
idea of when 2.1 will be released on the Central Maven repository...
even if it at only a release candidate level?

Thanks, and keep up the great work!

Patrick Crocker

Re: Struts 2.1 release date?

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
You can download the test build:
http://people.apache.org/builds/struts/2.1.0/
But beware that no vote has been called to declare its quality. IMHO it
won't be more than beta.

Ciao
Antonio

Re: Struts 2.1 release date?

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
hisameer wrote:
> Hi I am using Struts2.1.6 and trying to use DOJO inorder to use tabbed panel
> using this
> http://struts.apache.org/2.0.9/docs/ajax-and-javascript-recipes.html#AjaxandJavaScriptRecipes-Reloadtabscontentwhenselected
> link  . I no able to see the tabs at all
> This is my jsp page:
>
> <%@ taglib prefix="s" uri="/struts-tags" %>
> <%@ taglib prefix="sx" uri="/struts-dojo-tags"%>

> <head>
> <sx:head />
> </head>
> <s:url id="url" value="/brokerLogin.action" />
>
> <sx:tabbedpanel
> 	id="tabContainer">
> 	<sx:div label="Tab 1">
>        Local Tab 1
>    </sx:div>
> 	<sx:div label="Tab 2">
>        Local Tab 2
>    </sx:div>
> </sx:tabbedpanel>

> jar file which I have in my project are:
> struts2-dojo-plugin-2.1.6.jar
> struts2-core-2.1.6.jar
>
> Please help me on that..... I have to get it done ASAP.

You should probably start a new thread then rather than reply to a
message from 2007. Using a meaningful subject line will help too.

Dave

Re: Struts 2.1 release date?

Posted by hisameer <co...@yahoo.com>.

Re: Struts 2.1 release date?