Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Christopher Lenz <cm...@gmx.de> on 2008/03/18 10:51:24 UTC

Fwd: March 2008 Incubator Report

Begin forwarded message:
> From: "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>
> Date: 17. März 2008 17:51:12 MEZ
> To: <bo...@apache.org>
> Cc: <ge...@incubator.apache.org>
> Subject: March 2008 Incubator Report
>
> A number of projects have been informally or formally proposed for
> Incubation.  We have voted on to accept:
>
>  Thrift  - http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/ThriftProposal
>  CouchDB - http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/CouchDBProposal
>  PDFBox  - http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/PDFBoxProposal
>
> as noted in the previous Board Report.  PDFBox has provided a report
> for
> this month; the other two have failed to do so.  log4php also failed
> report.

Okay so we should have provided a report, apparently :/

Can anyone point to a document describing the process behind this, how
it is usually put together, etc? A quick scan didn't reveal anything
on the Incubator site. Or failing that, give a brief description?

Christopher Lenz
   cmlenz at gmx.de
   http://www.cmlenz.net/

Re: March 2008 Incubator Report

Posted by Matthieu Riou <ma...@offthelip.org>.
On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 2:51 AM, Christopher Lenz <cm...@gmx.de> wrote:

> Begin forwarded message:
> > From: "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>
> > Date: 17. März 2008 17:51:12 MEZ
> > To: <bo...@apache.org>
> > Cc: <ge...@incubator.apache.org>
> > Subject: March 2008 Incubator Report
> >
> > A number of projects have been informally or formally proposed for
> > Incubation.  We have voted on to accept:
> >
> >  Thrift  - http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/ThriftProposal
> >  CouchDB - http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/CouchDBProposal
> >  PDFBox  - http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/PDFBoxProposal
> >
> > as noted in the previous Board Report.  PDFBox has provided a report
> > for
> > this month; the other two have failed to do so.  log4php also failed
> > report.
>

> Okay so we should have provided a report, apparently :/
>
> Can anyone point to a document describing the process behind this, how
> it is usually put together, etc? A quick scan didn't reveal anything
> on the Incubator site. Or failing that, give a brief description?

That would be here:

http://incubator.apache.org/guides/ppmc.html

You probably don't have a "real" PPMC yet, so for next month that would be
the responsibility of your mentors to gather a report.

Cheers,
Matthieu