Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Piero Sartini <li...@pierosartini.de> on 2010/01/26 11:39:16 UTC

[ANNOUNCEMENT] Tapestry JPA 2.0.0

I am proud to announce the first release of tapestry-jpa which is now
part of the tynamo[1] project. It features full JPA2 integration and
provides you with all the functionalities known from tapestry's
hibernate support. To get started, you may want to take a look at our
Tapestry JPA Guide[2].

Many thanks goes to Pierce T. Wetter who helped out with the code as
well as to Kalle Korhonen who made this release possible by guiding me
through tynamo's release process.

Note that this module is compatible with JPA2 only and that we've
changed the naming. Modules are now named tapestry-jpa-core and
tapestry-jpa, the version is 2.0.0 which gives you a hint about the
JPA version its compatible with. The artifacts are available inside
the maven central repository.

        Piero

[1] http://tynamo.org
[2] http://tynamo.org/tapestry-jpa+guide

Re: [trails-announce] [ANNOUNCEMENT] Tapestry JPA 2.0.0

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.
Excellent job Piero!

Kalle

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Tapestry JPA 2.0.0

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 08:39:16 -0200, Piero Sartini <li...@pierosartini.de>
wrote:

> I am proud to announce the first release of tapestry-jpa which is now
> part of the tynamo[1] project. It features full JPA2 integration and
> provides you with all the functionalities known from tapestry's
> hibernate support.

Nice! Now I want to try and learn JPA 2 even more! :)

> To get started, you may want to take a look at our
> Tapestry JPA Guide[2].

Just one suggestion: the guide says you need to add the dependencies on
both tapestry-jpa and tapestry-jpa-core. As long as the former has a
dependency on the latter, in a Tapestry application, you shouldn't need to
explicitly add the tapestry-jpa-core to your pom.xml. ;)

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
and instructor