Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com> on 2006/07/01 02:23:37 UTC

Are the new activemq gbean modules complete?

I got the new amq gbean modules to compile under m2 and tried to use
them in the activemq-broker plan but there seem to be a lot more
gbean classes in the plan than in the modules.  What's going on?  Is
there a new way to configure all this stuff?

thanks
david jencks

Re: Are the new activemq gbean modules complete?

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
I've looked over this patch, and after a clean build (mvn clean &&
mvn) + a small change to the patch to fix a GBean reference name, I
don't see any problems... not even an exception on shutdown.

I tested out the JMS Server portlet briefly to start/stop the stomp
connector... works fine.  Also tested deployment of new JMS Resources
(dest + factory) which also works fine.

I recommend we apply this patch + minor fix noted above ASAP.

Thanks Hiram for doing this :-)

--jason

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.
On 9/1/06, Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com> wrote:

> But if I do that then someone is going to start a fuss about no RTC
> or voting, blah, blah, blah.  IMO, the PMC needs to make some
> decisions soon about what to do about RTC, either revert to CTR (my
> preference) or use some hybrid along the lines that David Blevins was
> talking about... document the full policy on the wiki (and email of
> course) but definitely on the wiki so we can have something to look
> at and remind us.

I've got it on my todo list far too long. Let me craft it later today.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.laskowski.net.pl

Re: Are the new activemq gbean modules complete?

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
This is not just a version change, but also some code change too.
Its all relatively minor though.

I think this should just be committed, as well as with the other even
more trivial changes for log4j and derby versions...

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.
On 9/1/06, Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org> wrote:
> Why is this RTC?  Looks like a version change to me.  I would commit it.

Well, that stroke me. So, how big a change should NOT be to be
committed at once, without RTC? Yesterday, I asked Jason to report a
JIRA task when he meant to only change a version number. I knew it's
dumb, but he was polite and agreed ;-P I'd appreciate an answer to the
question so I won't do the mistake again.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.laskowski.net.pl

Re: Are the new activemq gbean modules complete?

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
Has anyone else looked at this patch?

I'd really like to get this committed... and we need some other peeps
to review.

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
Hey Folks..

Here's a patch that update geronimo to run against amq 4:

Some small little issues are left like the DLQ admin portlet is not
updated to use the new amq APIS.  Also a small exception is barfed at
shutdown.

But I want to move on to bigger issues like CTS testing.  Anybody have
a link to doco on how to get the cts tests going with the trunk
version of Geronimo?  It's been too long since I last did that.

On 7/2/06, Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com> wrote:
> Hi David..
>
> That's still work that I've got on my plate to do.  The # of gbeans have
> changed for activemq 4.  So before we switch to amq 4 and the new gbean
> modules, I'll have to update lots of plans.  Including the ones in the CTS I
> imagine.
>
> Regards,
> Hiram
>

> On 6/30/06, David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > I got the new amq gbean modules to compile under m2 and tried to use
> > them in the activemq-broker plan but there seem to be a lot more
> > gbean classes in the plan than in the modules.  What's going on?  Is
> > there a new way to configure all this stuff?
> >
> > thanks
> > david jencks
> >

> --
> Regards,
> Hiram
>
> Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Re: Are the new activemq gbean modules complete?

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
Hi David..

That's still work that I've got on my plate to do.  The # of gbeans have
changed for activemq 4.  So before we switch to amq 4 and the new gbean
modules, I'll have to update lots of plans.  Including the ones in the CTS I
imagine.

Regards,
Hiram

On 6/30/06, David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I got the new amq gbean modules to compile under m2 and tried to use
> them in the activemq-broker plan but there seem to be a lot more
> gbean classes in the plan than in the modules.  What's going on?  Is
> there a new way to configure all this stuff?
>
> thanks
> david jencks

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com