Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by st...@mpsa.com on 2003/08/27 14:37:59 UTC

Réf. : Re: Réf. : Re: Get FOP logs withLog4j...

Ok...
I have found the error.
I took the jar-file fop.jar of the version 0.20.5.
It's work fine now.

Thanks.

Stéphane

                    Carsten Hau
                    <carsten.hau@m       Pour :  fop-user@xml.apache.org
                    aterna.de>           cc :
                                         Objet : Re: Réf. : Re: Get FOP logs with Log4j...
                    27/08/2003
                    14:30
                    Veuillez
                    répondre à
                    fop-user

Hello,
I use:
      MessageHandler.setScreenLogger(new
org.apache.avalon.framework.logger.Log4JLogger(logger));
and
      driver.setLogger(new
org.apache.avalon.framework.logger.Log4JLogger(logger));

Both work just fine with my logger
    static Logger logger = Logger.getLogger(Formatter.class);

It should work in your case too, your compiler-error sounds like a
forgotten import, your development IDE should find the error very quick.

Greetz
Carsten

stephane.peyronny@mpsa.com wrote:
     Thanks to reply.

     I have in my classpath:
     log4j-1.2.8.jar
     avalon-framework-cvs-20020806.jar
     logkit-1.0.1.jar

     Stéphane

                         Carsten Hau

                         <carsten.hau@m       Pour :
     fop-user@xml.apache.org
                         aterna.de>           cc :

                                              Objet : Re: Get FOP logs with
     Log4j...
                         22/08/2003

                         07:55

                         Veuillez

                         répondre à

                         fop-user

     Do you have the jar-file for Log4j in your classpath (e.g.
     "log4j-1.2.8.jar") ?

     stephane.peyronny@mpsa.com wrote:

          Hi all

          I'm writing an application in witch I'm embedding FOP.
          I want to get FOP logs with Log4j.

          The documentation says that I can use :
              driver.setLogger(new
          org.apache.avalon.framework.logger.LogKitLogger(log));
          It exists similar implementations with Log4j so I tried :
              driver.setLogger(new
          org.apache.avalon.framework.logger.Log4JLogger(log));
          with :
              private static final Logger log =
          Logger.getLogger(XSLTUtil.class.getName());

          javac is complaining that I need org.apache.log.Logger.

          I read the fop-dev archives so I check my FOP version. It's the
          0-20.4.

          What's wrong ???
          If anyone can help me... Thanks.

          Stephane