Posted to xbean-dev@geronimo.apache.org by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com> on 2008/04/19 04:09:44 UTC

Should we release 3.4?

I'd like to get release of xbean so we can release the new plexus code
(yes plexus is now using xbean-reflect).

-dain

Re: Should we release 3.4?

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.
Thank you

-dain

Re: Should we release 3.4?

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
I'll start it now :-)

Re: Should we release 3.4?

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.

Re: Should we release 3.4?

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: Should we release 3.4?

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
good idea
david jencks

Re: Should we release 3.4?

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: Should we release 3.4?

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.
On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 10:45 PM, Jacek Laskowski
<ja...@laskowski.net.pl> wrote:

>  I'm fine with the release, esp. if it helps maven much. Just curious,
>  what's wrong with their previous implementation - they had some kind
>  of reflection code in their code, didn't they?

Ah, openejb benefits from 3.4 release, too as it relies on
org.apache.openejb:xbean-finder:3.4-r636443-SNAPSHOT.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.JacekLaskowski.pl

Re: Should we release 3.4?

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.
On Apr 21, 2008, at 1:45 PM, Jacek Laskowski wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 8:31 PM, Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com> wrote:
>> I only had to add support for match by type which is suported by
>> the new
>> method public void setAutoMatchProperty(String type, Object value) on
>> ObjectRecipe.
>
> I'm fine with the release, esp. if it helps maven much. Just curious,
> what's wrong with their previous implementation - they had some kind
> of reflection code in their code, didn't they?

There was nothing wrong with their pervious implementation.  XBean
reflect simply has more features and a small community of users adding
more features and fix bugs.

-dain

Re: Should we release 3.4?

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.