Posted to pluto-dev@portals.apache.org by fr...@gmx.fr on 2006/10/02 11:19:19 UTC

Wrong dependency in pluto-testsuite

Hi,

i had a problem installing pluto-1.1 using

	svn checkout https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/portals/pluto/trunk/ pluto

The maven-pluto-plugin is installed in the local maven repository under
org.apache.maven.plugins. In the pom.xml of pluto-testsuite you find a
dependency to org.apache.pluto. I replaced it by the correct namespace
(o.a.maven.plugins) and it now mvn-installs fine.

I noticed this when I cleaned out my m2-repository prior to installing pluto.
I just wanted to let you know this.

--
Fred Thiele

Re: Wrong dependency in pluto-testsuite

Posted by Fred Thiele <fr...@gmx.fr>.
On Friday 06 October 2006 00:30, Elliot Metsger wrote:
> Hey Fred:
>
> I only fixed the incorrect maven group id (the maven-pluto-plugin should
> have installed under org/apache/pluto/maven-pluto-plugin).
>
> I haven't yet fixed the issue with mvn pluto:install.  I don't think
> you're doing anything wrong.
>
> As a workaround try:
> mvn org.apache.pluto:maven-pluto-plugin:install
> -DinstallDir=/path/to/tomcat

Thanks for responding, Elliot! Yes, this workaround works pretty well. I think
that implicit calling of the maven-pluto-plugin doesn't behave as it should
is some issue at maven itself... Well, for now this kind of solution is
enough.

Posted by Elliot Metsger <em...@jhu.edu>.
Hey Fred:

I only fixed the incorrect maven group id (the maven-pluto-plugin should
have installed under org/apache/pluto/maven-pluto-plugin).

I haven't yet fixed the issue with mvn pluto:install.  I don't think
you're doing anything wrong.

As a workaround try:
mvn org.apache.pluto:maven-pluto-plugin:install -DinstallDir=/path/to/tomcat

Elliot

Posted by Fred Thiele <fr...@gmx.fr>.

Posted by Elliot Metsger <em...@jhu.edu>.
Hi -