Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by "Kitayama, Shingo" <sh...@hpe.com> on 2017/05/09 07:50:15 UTC

[Req]Starting Japan User Group

Hi, owners of Mesos User Groups.

This is Shingo.Kitayama from Hewlett Packard Enterprise Japan Ltd.
I’m in charge of open source solution delivery including Apache Mesos or other cloud orchestration tools.

You may know that Hewlett Packard Enterprise announced the relationship with Mesosphere,
after that, I am giving high priority to convey to Japanese engineers the appeal of Mesos.

Additionally I and my team members are planning to held the Mesos Meetup in Tokyo and to extend its value continuously.
In this meetup, we will foster the adoption of Mesos, exchange tips or issues, and make up collaborative solutions with participants.
So could you approve to establish Japan User group at Tokyo? Of course we are going to form a commercial-free community group!

Best regards,
Shingo from Japan@Tokyo

[PointNext]<https://www.hpe.com/us/en/services.html>
Services to Accelerate your Digital Transformation
by Hewlett-Packard Enterprise Japan, Ltd.

 〒136-8711 東京都江東区大島2丁目2番1号
テクノロジーコンサルティング事業統括
クロス・インダストリ・ソリューション統括本部
テクノロジーアーキテクト部 (EG TSC CIS TA)

北山晋吾 Shingo.Kitayama (21958016)
TEL: 090-1269-8125
 Mail Stop: HQ5-B22
 Mailto:shingo.kitayama@hpe.com<ma...@hpe.com>

RE: [Req]Starting Japan User Group

Posted by "Kitayama, Shingo" <sh...@hpe.com>.
Hi, Kota

Unfortunately I cannot meet you at this meetup, but you can catch up the contents by event report.
And soon video is about to be published from "crash.academy", which is a on-demand school for IT meetup.
Pls review this video and join the next meetup! Thanks.

Event report for Mesos meetup Tokyo #1
http://itagakishintaro.blogspot.jp/2017/05/mesos-meetup-tokyo-1.html?spref=fb
※sorry all slides are contained in Japanese.

Event contetns
https://mesos.connpass.com/event/57331/presentation/

Next event Registration
https://mesos.connpass.com/event/58545/

I'm looking forward to see you next time.

Regards,
Shingo

Posted by Kota UENISHI <ue...@nautilus-technologies.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Subodh Cyber <su...@gmail.com>.
This is great!

I have created a channel for India specific users. Please feel free to join.

--
Subodh Pachghare
Skype ID – subodh.pachghare

On 01/06/17, 7:07 AM, "Kota UENISHI" <ue...@nautilus-technologies.com> wrote:

    > If you want, you can create a "tokyo" slack channel for the user group on
    > mesos.slack.com. That way users have one slack team to go to for everything
    > mesos.

    +0.5
    I'd rather see "japan" channel. As a very good example there's already
    'china' room, and its naming emphasizes what language is available
    there.

    I've just found everybody can create channel and created #japan. Feel
    free to join it!

    Kota UENISHI

Posted by Kota UENISHI <ue...@nautilus-technologies.com>.

Posted by Vinod Kone <vi...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Yoshise, Junichi" <ju...@hpe.com>.
Hi,
I’ve just created a Meetup Group so that you don’t miss the next meetup in Tokyo. https://www.meetup.com/Mesos-User-Group-Tokyo/
Since Connpass is more popular in Japan, we will continue to accept event participation with Connpass, but we will attach a link to Meetup page.

Best Regards,
Junichi

Posted by Tobias Pfeiffer <tg...@preferred.jp>.
Hi,

Posted by Jie Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Shingo,

Posted by "Kitayama, Shingo" <sh...@hpe.com>.
Hi, Vinod.

Thanks for your recommend.
Okay so I’ll link CONNPASS site after making group on meetup.com, as you advised!!

Regards Shingo.

Posted by Vinod Kone <vi...@mesosphere.io>.
wrote:

> In Japan, usually engineers will take tech event information from
> CONNPASS, not from Meetup.com
>
> ※CONNPASS  https://connpass.com/ (Sorry all Japanese)

I think using whatever portal works for you is fine. If it's not too much
work though, I would suggest to create a meetup.com group as well and just

Posted by "Kitayama, Shingo" <sh...@hpe.com>.
Hi Tobias,

Thank you for your quick response.
Now we are adjusting schedule and place to held the first meetup.
But maybe it will be held in middle of June at near our office.
After decided, we announce you to the details.

In Japan, usually engineers will take tech event information from CONNPASS, not from Meetup.com
※CONNPASS  https://connpass.com/ (Sorry all Japanese)

So, do we need to make official TOKYO Mesos User Groups in Meetup.com ?
If possible, we’d like to manage the announcement for Japan event in CONNPASS.
CONNPASS portal can manage owner and users in created groups.

Thanks.

[PointNext]<https://www.hpe.com/us/en/services.html>
Services to Accelerate your Digital Transformation
by Hewlett-Packard Enterprise Japan, Ltd.

 〒136-8711 東京都江東区大島2丁目2番1号
テクノロジーコンサルティング事業統括
クロス・インダストリ・ソリューション統括本部
テクノロジーアーキテクト部 (EG TSC CIS TA)
 北山晋吾 Shingo.Kitayama (21958016)
TEL: 090-1269-8125
Additionally I and my team members are planning to held the Mesos Meetup in Tokyo and to extend its value continuously.
In this meetup, we will foster the adoption of Mesos, exchange tips or issues, and make up collaborative solutions with participants.

Great news, happy to hear that!  I am very much interested in that, please let us know where the meetups will take place, how to register, etc. – thank you!

Kind regards,
Tobias

--
Tobias Pfeiffer, Lead Engineer