Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Marek Šabo <ms...@buk.cvut.cz> on 2010/11/01 03:11:57 UTC

Nested form submit and parent form input

Hi all,

I'm using a form which embeds another nested form. An
AjaxFormUpdatingBehavior works in parent form (updates some textfields
via model changes). Problems start when I submit the nested form. Then
the before-mentioned behavior "stops working". While debugging I learned
why - during response building textfield values are rendered from
rawinput and not from updated models. Workaround is to clearInput() on
those field in mentioned behavior.

I would like to know it this is normal and why or ask for some guidance
to reveal why after nested form submits the parent form values are
rendered from raw input (parent form wasn't submitted). (The nested form
component implements IFormVisitingParticipant to skip validation when
parent form submits.)

Marek Šabo

Re: Nested form submit and parent form input

Posted by Marek Šabo <ms...@buk.cvut.cz>.
Hi,

ok, that makes sense, and how would that be (if somehow) affected by
using setPersistent on formComponents (afaik form cookie support)?

Marek Šabo

Posted by Martin Makundi <ma...@koodaripalvelut.com>.

Posted by Marek Šabo <ms...@buk.cvut.cz>.
Hi,