Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Sloan Bowman <sm...@nashlinux.com> on 2003/10/21 07:58:14 UTC

Log4j and JBoss?

Dear group,
	I run jetspeed 1.4b5-dev (CVS) and when the JBoss application
server starts loading my portal.war file the logging stops within
JBoss completly and only uses the log4j settings in my jetspeed web
app. Anybody know what I can do to make these two work together. Or
even turn off logging in jetspeed and just use JBoss. I'm using JBoss
version 3.2.1 production. Thanks for any help I may recieve.

Re: Log4j and JBoss?

Posted by Sloan Bowman <sm...@nashlinux.com>.
Jake,
	I really appreciate your help with this. Its been driving me
and I'm sure several others crazy. I have found a setting in the
jboss-service.xml file located in /server/{server
loaded}/deploy/jbossweb-tomcat.sar/META-INF/jboss-service.xml called
<attribute name="Java2ClassLoadingCompliance">true</attribute> which
fixes the logging problem if you set the value to false, but it
causes other class loading problems. When I tested a struts
application that I had loaded onto the same server it didn't seem to
load up anymore.  I'll try to figure it out. Again thanks for your
help.

--SB

Re: Log4j and JBoss?

Posted by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com>.