Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Jeremy Davila <JD...@languageworks.com> on 2009/01/28 22:27:17 UTC

Spam Reports

Is there any SA reporting feature  to analyze scores and etc. ?

Re: Spam Reports

Posted by Martin Gregorie <ma...@gregorie.org>.
On Thu, 2009-01-29 at 22:31 +0100, Kai Schaetzl wrote:
> Jeremy Davila wrote on Thu, 29 Jan 2009 12:18:48 -0500:
>
> > I meant a SA log file with history of how much spam we took in for the day
> > and their scores.
>
> This very much depends on the calling program. AFAIK, SA by itself doesn't
> log. On that log you could then apply the log analysis program of John's
> search.

I run spamc/spamd 3.2.5 as distributed with Fedora 8 and without having
knowingly changed its logging levels.

In my system spamd logs details of every message it checks (including a
line showing spam status (Y/N), the score and a list of rules that
fired. This is written into /var/log/maillog.

HTH

Martin

Re: Spam Reports

Posted by Kai Schaetzl <ma...@conactive.com>.
Jeremy Davila wrote on Thu, 29 Jan 2009 12:18:48 -0500:

> I meant a SA log file with history of how much spam we took in for the day
> and their scores.

This very much depends on the calling program. AFAIK, SA by itself doesn't
log. On that log you could then apply the log analysis program of John's
search.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany

Re: Spam Reports

Posted by John Hardin <jh...@impsec.org>.
On Thu, 29 Jan 2009, Jeremy Davila wrote:

> You are right Kai....that was not clear enought .
>
> I meant a SA log file with history of how much spam we took in for the day
> and their scores.

google "spamassassin log analysis"

   ...to announce there must be no criticism of the President or to
   stand by the President right or wrong is not only unpatriotic and
   servile, but is morally treasonous to the American public.
                                           -- Theodore Roosevelt, 1918
  3 days until the 6th anniversary of the loss of STS-107 Columbia

Re: Spam Reports

Posted by Jeremy Davila <JD...@languageworks.com>.
You are right Kai....that was not clear enought .

I meant a SA log file with history of how much spam we took in for the day
and their scores.

Jeremy Davila
Systems Administrator
Direct: 646-205-2136

The LanguageWorks, Inc.
1123 Broadway, Suite 201
New York, NY 10010

The LanguageWorks, Inc. is an ISO 9001:2000 certified company which:
"Facilitates global communication by providing foreign language
translation, editing, proofreading, and cultural analysis. Additional
services include on-site interpreting and document review, foreign
language page layout, conversion of web sites into multiple languages, and
multilingual voice-overs for radio spots and video productions."

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
The information in this E-Mail may be confidential and may be legally
privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee(s). If you are not the
taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on this E-Mail, is prohibited and
may be unlawful. If you have received this E-Mail message in error, notify
the sender by reply E-Mail and delete the message.

Kai Schaetzl <ma...@conactive.com>
01/29/2009 03:32 AM
Please respond to
users@spamassassin.apache.org

users@spamassassin.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: Spam Reports

Jeremy Davila wrote on Wed, 28 Jan 2009 16:27:17 -0500:

> Is there any SA reporting feature  to analyze scores and etc. ?

Can you rephrase that so one actually understands it? If you are asking
about adding scores to the message headers. Yes, this is possible.
see
http://spamassassin.apache.org/full/3.2.x/doc/Mail_SpamAssassin_Conf.html
for all config options.

Kai