Posted to adffaces-user@incubator.apache.org by Elias Neri <el...@custodix.com> on 2006/09/12 15:01:07 UTC

trinidad tries to connect with X11 window server

Hello,

When moving a web application based on adf-faces-api-incubator-m1 from
the windows developer machine to a solaris server, tomcat crashes
because it can't open a x11 connection.

When exporting the display from that server to an existing machine, the
application does not crash, but the following exception is thrown:

Xlib: connection to "10.32.2.7:0.0" refused by server
Xlib: No protocol specified
Sep 12, 2006 4:35:50 PM
org.apache.myfaces.adfinternal.style.util.GraphicsUtils$GraphicsLoader run
WARNING: The following exception was thrown while initialiazing the
graphics environment:
java.lang.InternalError: Can't connect to X11 window server using
'10.32.2.7:0.0' as the value of the DISPLAY variable.
       at sun.awt.X11GraphicsEnvironment.initDisplay(Native Method)
       at
sun.awt.X11GraphicsEnvironment.access$000(X11GraphicsEnvironment.java:53)
       at
sun.awt.X11GraphicsEnvironment$1.run(X11GraphicsEnvironment.java:142)
       at
sun.awt.X11GraphicsEnvironment.<clinit>(X11GraphicsEnvironment.java:131)
       at
java.awt.GraphicsEnvironment.getLocalGraphicsEnvironment(GraphicsEnvironment.java:68)

       at
org.apache.myfaces.adfinternal.style.util.GraphicsUtils$GraphicsLoader.run(GraphicsUtils.java:318)

       at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
Sep 12, 2006 4:35:50 PM
org.apache.myfaces.adfinternal.style.util.GraphicsUtils __setGraphicsLoaded
WARNING: Could not initialize the graphical environment.  Please make
sure that the DISPLAY environment variable is set correctly.  Proceeding
with image generation disabled...

Is there a reason why trinidad needs X11, because that's usually not
available on servers.

Regards,

Elias

Re: trinidad tries to connect with X11 window server

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
I remember vague, that I saw something similar, when working w/ Java
2d on unix server...

--
Matthias Wessendorf

further stuff:
mail: mwessendorf-at-gmail-dot-com

Re: trinidad tries to connect with X11 window server

Posted by Arnaud MERGEY <am...@sunopsis.com>.