Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Clem Taylor <cl...@gmail.com> on 2005/03/29 17:25:53 UTC

is an excellent analog guy and he'll be a great help when we are designing our own camera. svn update: object of the same name already exists

Last night I rsynced a bunch of code I was working on to my home
machine. At home, I finished up the changes I was working on and
checked them in. I added a bunch new files, changed several and
deleted a number of files. This morning, back in the office, I wanted
to 'svn update'  the changes I checked in last night (in the same view
as I rsynced last night). The update resulted in a series of 'object
of the same name already exists' and 'object of the same name is
already scheduled for addition' errors. Each time I would fix one
error by deleting a file or doing an 'svn delete', the next call to
svn update would show a new error. After several minutes of this I
gave up and just deleted the directory with most of the changes. I
used to do this with CVS all the time and I never remember having any
problems like this. Is there a proper svn way of doing an update like
this?

                                  Thanks,
                                  Clem

Re: svn update: object of the same name already exists

Posted by VK Sameer <sa...@collab.net>.
Sounds like files were modified and added on the office client, but not
checked in. Easiest way to fix this is to blow away those changes, since
they can be pulled from the repository.

svn status
svn revert <list of files>
svn up

# If you want to check against the repository, also try:
svn status -u

hth
Sameer