Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org> on 2006/01/02 02:14:23 UTC

how to make some requested mods to current site (Re: [RT] Super Simple Site Generation Tool)

Roy T. Fielding wrote:
> On Dec 31, 2005, at 7:34 AM, Noel J. Bergman wrote:
>
>> Just the tabbed and menu navigation.  And some other little bits  that
>> no one
>> probably uses.
>

> FTR, I hate the tabs, find the layout unreadable,...  And, no, I don't
> want the site to generate a friggin PDF.
>
> I've known that for years now and have not bothered to fix any of
> them because I also know the entry barrier is too high on the tool.

To remove all tabs
==================

Don't define them in tabs.xml [1]

To Prevent PDF Generation
=========================

Change: <disable-pdf-link>false</disable-pdf-link>

in skinconf.xml [2]

I'm sure most people can guess what to change it to.

 > It is absolutely unacceptable that two different people
 > generating the same site will produce different results.

Impossible, unless one of the users is using different
sources/configuration files.

Can we please stop with this misinformation. Constructive criticism is
not a problem, in fact it is encouraged, but many statements in this
thread are just ridiculous.

Ross

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/public/trunk/site-author/tabs.xml