Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by ch...@gsa.gov on 2007/06/20 15:58:45 UTC

newbie - Java Heap

Greetings,

We have a seemingly basic setup of iBatis, basic usage, and are
experiencing a fatal Java Heap memory issue.  I suspect that it is a
configuration issue.

The functionality is all there, updates, inserts, selects....  we use
parameterMaps and typically an object for Results

            <select id="getArtifact" parameterClass="java.util.Map"
resultClass="artifact">

 The following shows the SQLMap Config:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<!DOCTYPE sqlMapConfig PUBLIC "-//ibatis.apache.org//DTD SQL Map Config
2.0//EN" "http://ibatis.apache.org/dtd/sql-map-config-2.dtd">

<sqlMapConfig>
    <settings useStatementNamespaces="false" />

    <!-- JNDI Example -->
    <transactionManager type="JDBC">
        <dataSource type="JNDI">
                <property name="DBJndiContext" value="java:DATASOURCE"/>
                 </dataSource>
        </transactionManager>

        <sqlMap resource="dao/Object1.xml" />
        <sqlMap resource="dao/Object2.xml" />
        etc....

</sqlMapConfig>

Environment:  JBoss 4.03 on Linux

So....
Problem : Where do I start? What are some common issues with regard to
memory?

Thank you,
Christopher

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Christopher McCauley
Unisys Corporation
Consultant
GSA FAS
CM4 817
w (703) 605 9160
chris.mccauley@gsa.gov
chris.mccauley@unisys.com

Re: newbie - Java Heap

Posted by Clinton Begin <cl...@gmail.com>.
I've never seen this.  Does it work in your unit tests?

Cheers,
Clinton

RE: newbie - Java Heap

Posted by Daniel Kalcevich <DK...@marketlinx.com>.
I have also run into a problem with running out of PermGen memory because my code was creating the SqlMapClient again and again, and reloading the Sql Map files.  That could be another place you might want to check.

Daniel

Posted by Tom Henricksen <To...@A-t-g.com>.

Posted by ch...@gsa.gov.