Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Debasish Jana <de...@anshinsoft.com> on 2006/11/03 09:59:49 UTC

FOP Rendering Output Support for PPT

Hello:

Is MS-Powerpoint (PPT) as an output rendering option available? I guess not,
in that case, is there any plan to support such an output format in near
future? Would you pleas highlight your thoughts?

Regards,

Debasish Jana

Re: FOP Rendering Output Support for PPT

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Debasish Jana wrote:
> Is MS-Powerpoint (PPT) as an output rendering option available? I guess not,
> in that case, is there any plan to support such an output format in near
> future? Would you pleas highlight your thoughts?

The MS-Powerpoint native binary format is somewhat difficult to
generate, I don't think it will get on the list, ever. The XML
variant - maybe. In either case: what's wrong with using PDF,
given that FO is all about non-dynamic content anyway?
If you want to give live presentations in full screen mode, you
should probably check out SlideML.

J.Pietschmann