Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by David Jian <dj...@UU.NET> on 2000/03/07 16:03:55 UTC

Please Help!

I am new in tomcat and using Apache +Tomcat and have these questions:

1. Does tomcat has server-site cache?  I use database to store html element
of my web pages. When I modified the database records, I have to restart
tomcat to see my page changes. How can I turn off this server-site cache?
I still need the servlet session. If it's disable, Can I still use the
servlet session?

2. I follow tomcat FAQ to add my web application and servlets. It works and
can be  accessed from tomcat (http://myhost:8080/myapp/servlets/). It does
not work when I access it through apache (http://myhost/myapp/servlets/).
What configuration file should I need to modify?

3. I need to map from /myapp/servlets to /service/myapp/servlets and
/myapp/servlet/mypackage.myservlet to
/service/myapp/servlet/mypackage.myservlet.

Do I have to use <servlet-mapping> in web.xml?

4. Which servlet method to get initial parameter in web.xml?

Thanks a lot

David