Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Tomáš Šoltys <to...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/22 11:42:25 UTC

Building client - missing cmake files

Hi,

I'm developing a client based on Qpid C++ library.

My CMakeLists.txt contain following line:
find_package (Qpid REQUIRED)

It works fine of Fedora 23 but on Ubuntu cmake fails with following error:

  CMake Error at qpid-messaging/src/CMakeLists.txt:2 (find_package):
  By not providing "FindQpid.cmake" in CMAKE_MODULE_PATH this project has
  asked CMake to find a package configuration file provided by "Qpid", but
  CMake did not find one.

  Could not find a package configuration file provided by "Qpid" with any
of
  the following names:

    QpidConfig.cmake
    qpid-config.cmake

  Add the installation prefix of "Qpid" to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or set
  "Qpid_DIR" to a directory containing one of the above files.  If "Qpid"
  provides a separate development package or SDK, be sure it has been
  installed.

Am I doing something wrong? How should I edit my CMakeLists.txt to include
and link Qpid C++ client libraries?

Thanks,
Tomas

Re: Building client - missing cmake files

Posted by Tomáš Šoltys <to...@gmail.com>.
Adding the qpid PPA (ppa:qpid/released) did not help. Same with the package
from latest release 16.04. It seems to me that ubuntu dev package does not
contain these development files by default.

Regards,
Tomas

> On Mon, 2016-04-25 at 10:36 +0200, Tomáš Šoltys wrote:
> > Thanks Andrew,
> >
> > Based on https://qpid.apache.org/packages.html I have found package
> > libqpidmessaging2-dev in Ubuntu repositories. This package contains
> > following files:
> >
> > /usr/include/qpid/messaging/Address.h
> > /usr/include/qpid/messaging/Connection.h
> > /usr/include/qpid/messaging/Duration.h
> > /usr/include/qpid/messaging/FailoverUpdates.h
> > /usr/include/qpid/messaging/Handle.h
> > /usr/include/qpid/messaging/ImportExport.h
> > /usr/include/qpid/messaging/Message.h
> > /usr/include/qpid/messaging/Receiver.h
> > /usr/include/qpid/messaging/Sender.h
> > /usr/include/qpid/messaging/Session.h
> > /usr/include/qpid/messaging/exceptions.h
> > /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libqpidmessaging.so
> > /usr/share/doc/libqpidmessaging2-dev/changelog.Debian.gz
> > /usr/share/doc/libqpidmessaging2-dev/copyright
> >
> > Unfortunately there are no .cmake nor .pc files. Is this intended?
>
> I can't speak for the intention (as I'm not the packager) but I can say
> that is not a useful dev package.
>
> I checked the Ubuntu packages and it seems that the current libqpid-
> messaging package is the 0.16 version - that is an extremely old
> version of qpid.
>
> I suggest you try adding the qpid PPA (ppa:qpid/released) to your
> software sources instead. That should give you a much newer version of
> qpid (0.34).
>
> Andrew

Tomáš Šoltys
tomas.soltys@gmail.com
http://www.range-software.com
(+420) 776-843-663

Re: Building client - missing cmake files

Posted by Andrew Stitcher <as...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Tomáš Šoltys <to...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Andrew,

Based on https://qpid.apache.org/packages.html I have found package
libqpidmessaging2-dev in Ubuntu repositories. This package contains
following files:

/usr/include/qpid/messaging/Address.h
/usr/include/qpid/messaging/Connection.h
/usr/include/qpid/messaging/Duration.h
/usr/include/qpid/messaging/FailoverUpdates.h
/usr/include/qpid/messaging/Handle.h
/usr/include/qpid/messaging/ImportExport.h
/usr/include/qpid/messaging/Message.h
/usr/include/qpid/messaging/Receiver.h
/usr/include/qpid/messaging/Sender.h
/usr/include/qpid/messaging/Session.h
/usr/include/qpid/messaging/exceptions.h
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libqpidmessaging.so
/usr/share/doc/libqpidmessaging2-dev/changelog.Debian.gz
/usr/share/doc/libqpidmessaging2-dev/copyright

Unfortunately there are no .cmake nor .pc files. Is this intended?

Thanks,

Tomas

> Tomáš
>
> i think this is because the Ubuntu qpid package doesn't install the
> file: [/usr/lib/cmake/Qpid/QpidConfig.cmake] (or the appropriate
> directory on Ubuntu)
>
> The Fedora package does install this file, which is why your
> find_package(Qpid) does work. Are you sure you've installed the
> developer package probably qpid-dev or libqpid-dev? If you have
> installed the developer package then this is an issue in the Ubuntu
> package, which needs to provide this file for cmake to find the
> package.
>
> Andrew
>

> On Fri, 2016-04-22 at 11:42 +0200, Tomáš Šoltys wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm developing a client based on Qpid C++ library.
> >
> > My CMakeLists.txt contain following line:
> > find_package (Qpid REQUIRED)
> >
> > It works fine of Fedora 23 but on Ubuntu cmake fails with following
> > error:

> >   CMake Error at qpid-messaging/src/CMakeLists.txt:2 (find_package):
> >   By not providing "FindQpid.cmake" in CMAKE_MODULE_PATH this project
> > has
> >   asked CMake to find a package configuration file provided by
> > "Qpid", but
> >   CMake did not find one.
> >
> >   Could not find a package configuration file provided by "Qpid" with
> > any
> > of
> >   the following names:
> >
> >     QpidConfig.cmake
> >     qpid-config.cmake
> >
> >   Add the installation prefix of "Qpid" to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or set
> >   "Qpid_DIR" to a directory containing one of the above files.  If
> > "Qpid"
> >   provides a separate development package or SDK, be sure it has been
> >   installed.
> >
> > Am I doing something wrong? How should I edit my CMakeLists.txt to
> > include
> > and link Qpid C++ client libraries?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Tomas

Tomáš Šoltys
tomas.soltys@gmail.com
http://www.range-software.com
(+420) 776-843-663

Re: Building client - missing cmake files

Posted by Andrew Stitcher <as...@redhat.com>.
Tomáš