Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Sam Joseph <ga...@yha.att.ne.jp> on 2002/11/13 03:26:44 UTC

User details revert when logging out

Hi,

I'm having a problem using the tdk. I am trynig to set it up so that
users can modify their own account details without having to request it
from the root user. I've set this up, but I have discovered that when
users log out their user details revert to the old settings. Looking at
the turbine lists I can see other people have had this problem:

http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=turbine-user@jakarta.apache.org&msgId=282849

Does anybody know if this problem has been fixed? Or a potential solution?

Thanks in advance.

CHEERS> SAM

Re: User details revert when logging out

Posted by Sam Joseph <ga...@yha.att.ne.jp>.
Hi,

I've fixed the problem below by adjusting my user update code to the
following:

        User user =
TurbineSecurity.getUser(data.getParameters().getString("username"));
        data.getParameters().setProperties(user);

        User existing_user = data.getUser();

        //user.setModifiedDate(now);
        user.setCreateDate(existing_user.getCreateDate());
        user.setLastLogin(existing_user.getLastLogin());

        // this allows the user to log out without reverting

        data.setUser(user);
        user.setHasLoggedIn(new Boolean(true));
        //user.updateLastLogin();
        data.save();

        TurbineSecurity.saveUser(user);

The flux coded provided for updating the user details naturally does not
update information about which user is logged in.  If you want to allow
a user to update their own details it becomes necessary to make sure
that you update the user information in held in the session, because the
LogoutUser class automatically writes this data to the DB on logout.

CHEERS> SAM

Posted by Sam Joseph <ga...@yha.att.ne.jp>.
Hi,