Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Lance Norskog <la...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/16 19:07:07 UTC

About alarms

How do you folks handle notifications and alarms when tasks fail?

We have hourly and daily tasks, and use Hipchat, email and Nagios for
notification.

--
Lance Norskog
lance.norskog@gmail.com

Re: About alarms

Posted by Maxime Beauchemin <ma...@gmail.com>.
Note that you can use tasks through operators (SlackOperator,
EmailOperator, PythonOperator, ...) along with trigger_rule, but you can
also use your own callbacks by passing a callable to any operators's
`on_failure_callback`, `on_retry_callback` and/or `on_success_callback`.

More about these callbacks here:
http://pythonhosted.org/airflow/code.html?highlight=on_failure_callback#baseoperator

Max

Re: About alarms