Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de> on 2002/01/02 15:02:01 UTC

Moving directories (was: RE: HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Giacomo Pati wrote:

> On Fri, 28 Dec 2001, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>
> > Hi Cocooners,
> >
> > I wish you all a happy new year and hope you had a good christmas!
>
> At this point I'd like to wish you all a happy new year, too.
>
> > I really enjoy being in this community and hope that the next year
> > will be as interesting as this year.
>
> I'd like to say that most of us are here just because of the great
> community we have (not only because of the great Cocoon).
>
> > (And perhaps we can manage to release another version of Cocoon
> > next year, too...)
>
> I'm confident. Now that the major step has been done we'll have as many
> releases as we need.
>
> > I'm offline for the next days, but I will be back on wednesday.
>
> I'm not. I'd like to have all committers check in their pending stuff as
> I'd like to restucture the directories as proposed a while back in the
> next few days. It will be much easier for you to have it in the CVS now
> and have me to move them around as if you have to do it afterwards.

+10

> I'd also like to minimize the jars we have in cvs and thus propose we
> should have only ONE lib directory in the scratchpad area containing
> jars which are newer (usually developers version) of what we already
> have in the regular lib directory or are new and necessary for
> scratchpad stuff.

+1

> I personally don't like to have autonomuosly compilable areas in the
> scratchpad. They should somehow relate to what's already in the regular
> directories.

+1

> Plaes let me know your oppinions about the two paragraphs above this.

Just post a message to the list when you start moving directories, so noone
will check-in (hopefully) during this. I think now is the best time for this
as there are still some of us on vacation.

Carsten

Re: Moving directories (was: RE: HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@dff.st>.
> > > I'm offline for the next days, but I will be back on wednesday.
> >
> > I'm not. I'd like to have all committers check in their pending stuff as
> > I'd like to restucture the directories as proposed a while back in the
> > next few days. It will be much easier for you to have it in the CVS now
> > and have me to move them around as if you have to do it afterwards.
> >
> +10

Yepp!

> > I'd also like to minimize the jars we have in cvs and thus propose we
> > should have only ONE lib directory in the scratchpad area containing
> > jars which are newer (usually developers version) of what we already
> > have in the regular lib directory or are new and necessary for
> > scratchpad stuff.
> >
> +1
+1

> > I personally don't like to have autonomuosly compilable areas in the
> > scratchpad. They should somehow relate to what's already in the regular
> > directories.
> >
> +1
+1

> > Plaes let me know your oppinions about the two paragraphs above this.
> >
> Just post a message to the list when you start moving directories, so noone
> will check-in (hopefully) during this. I think now is the best time for this
> as there are still some of us on vacation.

I think so, too. There is probably no better time than now

Happy new year :)
--
Torsten

RE: Moving directories (was: RE: HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Posted by Gerhard Froehlich <g-...@gmx.de>.

+1