Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Ian Cox <ia...@releasemobile.com> on 2012/07/20 12:00:40 UTC

Sporadic unauthorized error

Hi,

I have been using couchdb for a short while, hopefully going live with
our project later in the year.
I have one issue which I can seem to work out.
I have a process that submits documents to couchdb plus design documents.
Once in a while a certain design document will fail to submit with
{"error":"unauthorized","reason":"You are not a db or server admin."}
The same design document worked before, and works again after this
problem though I do seem to get this error message for a short while,
I am not sure what makes it go away.

I wondered if it was cookie related, and possibly an issue with my
client (LoveSeat) but everything looks ok.
I am not using any validation functions.

Any idea what might else cause this sporadic behaviour?

Many thanks

Ian Cox

Re: Sporadic unauthorized error

Posted by Dave Cottlehuber <da...@muse.net.nz>.
On 20 July 2012 12:00, Ian Cox <ia...@releasemobile.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been using couchdb for a short while, hopefully going live with
> our project later in the year.
> I have one issue which I can seem to work out.
> I have a process that submits documents to couchdb plus design documents.
> Once in a while a certain design document will fail to submit with
> {"error":"unauthorized","reason":"You are not a db or server admin."}
> The same design document worked before, and works again after this
> problem though I do seem to get this error message for a short while,
> I am not sure what makes it go away.
>
> I wondered if it was cookie related, and possibly an issue with my
> client (LoveSeat) but everything looks ok.
> I am not using any validation functions.
>
> Any idea what might else cause this sporadic behaviour?
>
> Many thanks
>
> Ian Cox

Without any details (e.g. information from the log file), is it possible that
your authentication is cookie based and that your session has timed out?

Likely depends on how the auth is handled within the client.

A+
Dave