Posted to user@struts.apache.org by flare <fl...@flare.it> on 2001/12/01 16:14:50 UTC

struts/java limitation ?

Hi, I'm building a form with an high number of select options, the form is big
but not that big (the jsp is less than 15K).
Well when I try to render the form using struts (and resin) I get:
------------
500 Servlet Exception

javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: (class: _secure/_page/_patient__jsp, method:
_jspService signature:
(Ljavax/servlet/http/HttpServletRequest;Ljavax/servlet/http/HttpServletResponse;
)V)
Illegal target of jump or branch
at org.apache.struts.taglib.template.InsertTag.doEndTag(InsertTag.java:149)
at
_secure._template._patient__jsp._jspService(/prevenet/secure/template/patient.js
p:33)
at com.caucho.jsp.JavaPage.service(JavaPage.java:74)
at com.caucho.jsp.Page.subservice(Page.java:476)
at com.caucho.server.http.FilterChainPage.doFilter(FilterChainPage.java:176)
at com.caucho.http.security.SecurityFilter.doFilter(SecurityFilter.java:112)
at com.caucho.server.http.FilterChainFilter.doFilter(FilterChainFilter.java:87)
at com.caucho.server.http.Invocation.service(Invocation.java:277)
at com.caucho.server.http.CacheInvocation.service(CacheInvocation.java:129)
at com.caucho.server.http.RunnerRequest.handleRequest(RunnerRequest.java:337)
at
com.caucho.server.http.RunnerRequest.handleConnection(RunnerRequest.java:269)
at com.caucho.server.TcpConnection.run(TcpConnection.java:140)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

---------
if I comment out a select or even a bunch of options (randomly) it works, is
there a kind of limitation in struts or has to do with the 64K method limit of
JAVA?
Perhaps I can use the Struts "options" tag and a collection to solve but I
would like to keep the options in the jsp ;(

 Thanx

Re: struts/java limitation ?

Posted by Barry Glasco <bg...@silverhosting.com>.
I ran into the same thing with  a "Counties" select list, I ended up doing
it with a custom tag.

HTH

)

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>