Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Er...@alltel.com on 2003/03/03 18:53:28 UTC

html reporting for JUnit: anteater or just ant?

Hello, all.

I'm trying to find the best way to do html reporting for JUnit.

I just read this: http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/java/library/j-junitmail/.
I also noted this work has been added it to Ant 1.4.1.

My question is this.  If this functionality is already in ant, why would one need the 'anteater' extension?
Here is a quote from the anteater site: (http://aft.sourceforge.net/)

"Provides XML logging and HTML reporting, extending that found in Ant's JUnit tasks. Supports frames and non-frames HTML output. The generated HTML is easily customizable to match your website's look. "

So is ant sufficient, or do I need anteater?

Thanks,

--Erik Ostermueller

Re: html reporting for JUnit: anteater or just ant?

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com>.
Anteater isnt just about html reporting, it is about functional testing of
server side code running in an instance of tomcat your tests start just for
the purpose.

If you need to do that, anteater is for you