Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Nadia Kunkov <na...@parkerglobal.com> on 2003/05/05 15:31:26 UTC

connection pooling setup

Hi, I'm using Tomkat 4.0.4 and  I'd like to enable/set up connection pooling.
How is done? Where should I start? Were is the documentation for that?
I appreciate your help
Thank you
Nadia

Re: connection pooling setup

Posted by Andrew Geery <ge...@doc.state.sc.us>.
Links to Tomcat 4.0 documentation can be found at
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.0-doc/index.html

The documentation for setting up database connection pooling in Tomcat
4.0 can be found at
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.0-doc/jndi-resources-howto.html

Under the Tomcat 4.1 documentation, there is an excellent document about
setting up connection pooling at
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/jndi-datasource-examples-howto.html

Since problems/questions with configuring database connection pools come
up frequently, check the mail archives as well.

hth
Andrew

Posted by Richard Dunn <ri...@arkona.com>.
> Hi, I'm using Tomkat 4.0.4 and  I'd like to enable/set up connection
> pooling. How is done? Where should I start? Were is the documentation for
> that? I appreciate your help

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/jndi-datasource-examples-howto.html
might be a good start. This is for the 4.1.x version of Tomcat but you might
find some good hints here that will work for 4.0.x.

Or, you might consider upgrading to the 4.1.24. I know the connection pooling
works fine there.