Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Krishnamurthi, Venkat " <ve...@citi.com> on 2008/05/16 15:38:56 UTC

Overriding parent's distribution management

Hi,

I'm trying to override a parent pom's distribution management through
the child's pom. (Deploy the artifacts in different directories). When I
tried adding a <distributionManagement> element in the child pom, it is
still picking up the details from the parent's pom. Please help me
resolve this issue.

Thanks and Regards,
Venkat

Re: Overriding parent's distribution management

Posted by Manuel EVENO <ma...@gmail.com>.
I'm facing the same problem here at my client's.

We have a team internal repository use and visible only to our team.
We have a company-wide repository where we only put some of the
internaly-released artefacts. This way we can filter which version is
visible, usable, used by the other teams.
Then we have a third repository when we need to share artefacts with a
external company. This third repository exists because my client don't want
this external company to see (and possibly steal) any artefact (with
sources) produced internally. We have also have specific contractual rules
for this third repository.

What is maven best-practices for this ?
 - We want the first repo accessible with the default 'mvn deploy' command
 - The second repo accessible with profile activation : mvn -P
deploy-internal deploy
 - The third repo accessible with profile activation : mvn -P deploy-public
deploy

The real problem is to have a default behavior on 'mvn deploy' command ...

I've already look at the stage plugin but it does not fit our needs (and by
the way don't work at all).

Thanks !
Manuel

--