Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Pradeep Fernando <pr...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/15 07:08:01 UTC

Why IAAS can't have multiple cartridges ?

Hi Devs,

While listening to hangout on cloud-controller, the $subject came up.. May
be its a trivial thing. But I still can't get it.

In the <cartridge>.xml config we can refer multiple IAASes.

eg: tomat cartridge can refer EC2 and Openstack based IAASes.

why cant multiple cartridges refer to same IAAS ? eg,

tomcat cartridge refers to IAAS  'A'
PHP cartridge refers to IAAS 'A' as well..

thanks in advance,
--Pradeep

Re: Why IAAS can't have multiple cartridges ?

Posted by Lakmal Warusawithana <la...@wso2.com>.
Hi Pradeep,

I missed one other thing. In the Cartridge XML we have a section called
iaasProvider. see sample below.

<iaasProvider type="openstack" >
                <imageId>RegionOne
/d6e5dbe9-f781-460d-b554-23a133a887cd</imageId>
                <property name="keyPair" value="stratos-demo"/>
                <property name="instanceType" value="RegionOne/1"/>
                <property name="securityGroups" value="default"/>
                <!--<property name="payload" value="resources/as.txt"/>-->
            </iaasProvider>

It can give a type, here in this sample its gave like type="openstack".

In the Cloud-controller.xml, you can define IaaS configuration, and this
type value is refereeing to the specific IaaS. that how we can say which
cartridge belongs to which IaaS.

Posted by Pradeep Fernando <pr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Lakmal Warusawithana <la...@wso2.com>.
Hi Pradeep,

Posted by Pradeep Fernando <pr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nirmal,

Thanks for the detailed explanation.. yes, my  interpretation of IaaS
instance is wrong. I thought its kind of similar to DB connection
instance.. (a one time thing)

thanks,
--Pradeep

Posted by Nirmal Fernando <ni...@gmail.com>.