Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Mikulas Cserge <mi...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/26 11:19:47 UTC

[Trinidad] JavaScript Error on actions when Trinidad page is open in popup

Hello,

I get a JavaScript error on attempt to submit any Trinidad action if a
Trinidad page was open in a new popup window and the opener page was closed
meanwhile.

The JavaScript is noticeable only when "Display a notification on every
script error" is turned on in Internet Explorer. (Tools -> Internet Options
-> Advanced).

The error message is different in IE 6 and IE 7:

IE 6 (v: 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_gdr.070227-2254CO) - Permission denied
IE 7 (v: 7.0.5730.13CO) - The callee (server [not server application]) is
not available and disappeared; all connections are invalid. The call did not
execute.

I was able to reproduce it using "trinidad-demo-1.0.10.war". The only
modification what I did is to introduce an extra index_new.jspx:

 <f:verbatim>
'height=600,width=800');">open</a>
 </f:verbatim>

Steps to reproduce:

1, Open index_new.jspx and click on "open" link. This will open the original
Trinidad example page in new popup.
2, Close the opener page.
3, Click on "Component Guide". If "Display a notification on every script
error" is activated in IE, you should get a dialog with the mentioned
JavaScript error report.

Is that a bug in Trinidad?

Regards,
Miki

Re: [Trinidad] JavaScript Error on actions when Trinidad page is open in popup

Posted by Mikulas Cserge <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hello Dushyant,

Please note that the first popup was open using window.open(...) JavaScript
call, and NOT using trinidad dialog framework. Therefore the opener page
(launching page) can be closed without any magic.

In our application the launching page must remain as a non JSF page,
therefore I can not use trinidad dialog framework there.

Regards,
Miki

Posted by dushyant agarwal <ag...@yahoo.co.in>.