Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Gabriel Dos Santos <ir...@hotmail.com> on 2004/01/30 15:59:30 UTC

Can`t build from sources

I've downloaded axis-c-src-linux-current-src.tar.gz, extracted it and
followed the instructions to build it.  When I execute $ sh autogen.sh I get
the error

libtoolize: `configure.in' does not exist

There's no file with that name in the directory.

¿What am I doing wrong?

Thankls in advance
Gabriel

MSN Amor: busca tu ½ naranja http://latam.msn.com/amor/

Re: Can`t build from sources

Posted by da...@opensource.lk.
Hi,
 the default gnu auto tools that ships with earlier versions of linux(for
example mandrake8.0) does not build axis.
they look for a configure.in instead of configure.ac. What I did was
reinstalling the autoconf and automake with the following versions(that
ships with redhat 8.0)

autoconf 2.53
automake 1.6.3
libtool 1.4.2

Please let me know if you can get around with the default auto tools.

to build the samples

damitha