Posted to dev@superset.apache.org by Justin Mclean <jm...@apache.org> on 2019/01/30 10:19:00 UTC

Unapproved releases

Hi,

I can see that a release candidate has been recently tagged on GitHub please remove it. [1] The PPMC cannot provide unpublished material to the general public and that includes release candidates. [2] As previously explained all releases must be approved by the PPMC and IPMC before being made public.

From the release policy:
"Projects MUST direct outsiders towards official releases rather than raw source repositories, nightly builds, snapshots, release candidates, or any other similar packages."

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://github.com/apache/incubator-superset/releases/tag/0.29.0rc8
2. http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#host-rc

Re: Unapproved releases

Posted by Maxime Beauchemin <ma...@gmail.com>.
Oh right, I didn't think of that when I pushed the tag to the repo. I'll
refrain from pushing tags for that reason. I can keep the tags in my fork...

Re: Unapproved releases

Re: Unapproved releases

Posted by Maxime Beauchemin <ma...@gmail.com>.
I created the tag but didn't push anything to Pypi. I thought pushing to
Pypi was the issue. What's the policy on tags?

Max

Fwd: Unapproved releases

Posted by Bolke de Bruin <bd...@gmail.com>.
Ping