Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by el...@datacom.com.bo on 2005/11/18 14:17:09 UTC

[users@httpd] How to recompile Apache 1.3.x for PHP4 and DSO support?

Hi list:

I´d like to work with Apache with PHP4 support.
I´ve just to install Apache 1.3.34 into RedHat9 box using the old
./Configure script editing src/Configuration and src/Configuration.tmpl
files. In this file I uncommented
AddModule modules/standard/mod_so.o
line in that file and run ./configure and "make".
However in the httpd.conf file I don´t see any php4 module loaded and
below to
#
# Dynamic Shared Object (DSO) Support
#
section I don´t see  any module (I don´t see LoadModule directive to add
modules in run time).

I´d like to know how can I recompile Apache with php4 module and DSO
support. I´m beginner with apache so I´ll be grateful with your help.

Likewise, how could I recompile apache using APACI? or Should I to
recompile using the old method again?

Best regards

EDWIN LIMACHI N.

Re: [users@httpd] How to recompile Apache 1.3.x for PHP4 and DSO support?

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.
On 11/18/05, elimachi@datacom.com.bo <el...@datacom.com.bo> wrote:

> Hi list:
>
> I´d like to work with Apache with PHP4 support.
> I´ve just to install Apache 1.3.34 into RedHat9 box using the old
> ./Configure script editing src/Configuration and src/Configuration.tmpl
> files. In this file I uncommented
> AddModule modules/standard/mod_so.o
> line in that file and run ./configure and "make".
> However in the httpd.conf file I don´t see any php4 module loaded and below
> #
> # Dynamic Shared Object (DSO) Support
> #
> section I don´t see  any module (I don´t see LoadModule directive to add
> modules in run time).

When using the src/Configuration method you need to add teh LoadModule
directives themselves.  That assumes, of course, that you have already
compiled php.

The best idea is to go look at the php install instructions and follow
whatever they recommend.

Joshua.