Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Gordon Dickens <gd...@anexinet.com> on 2007/10/18 01:38:36 UTC

ServiceNames and EndPoints

Hello,

If I have a 2 services defined with the same servicename and different
endpoints and I attempt to pass a message to that servicename without
specifying the endpoint what would be the expected result?

Provider
serviceName="myService" endpoint="ep1"
serviceName="myService" endpoint="ep2"

Consumer
targetServiceName="myService"

Will both endpoints get the message?  Will only one?  Which one?

Thanks,
Gordon Dickens

Re: ServiceNames and EndPoints

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Only one, and you can not control which one in a standard JBI way.
However, ServiceMix has a notion of Endpoint resolver and policy, but
these are currently configured at the container level.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet