Posted to dev@tika.apache.org by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/27 09:16:00 UTC

Lucene community gathering in Amsterdam on March 24th

Hi,

The Lucene project is planning to organize a Lucene Meetup event
during the ApacheCon Europe [1] in Amsterdam. The Meetup is a relaxed
event whose purpose is to bring users and developers together to
exchange ideas and experience on Lucene projects and related topics.
See [2] for more information on the Meetup concept.

The event is free for everyone to attend and comes with some drinks
and snacks. But we can only make the event happen if we find enough
attendees and a few sponsor companies. To better estimate the amount
of potential attendees, please sign up on the following wiki page if
you're interested:

    http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/LuceneMeetupMarch2009

The program of the Lucene Meetup will consist of discussions and short
presentations. Everyone is welcome to present what they are or would
like to be doing with Lucene projects. Even a five-minute summary is
fine. Please add your ideas to the wiki page.

[1] http://www.eu.apachecon.com/c/aceu2009/
[2] http://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/ApacheMeetupsEu09

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: Lucene community gathering in Amsterdam on March 24th

Posted by Dave Meikle <lo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jukka,

Wish I could make it but have work important commitments the week of
ApacheCon.

Hope everyone has an enjoyable and productive meet-up, and hopefully I can
make it next year.

Cheers,
Dave