Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Stack <st...@duboce.net> on 2014/03/04 04:31:25 UTC

DISCUSS: We need a mascot, a totem HBASE-4920

Our Esteban reminded me of this old issue today voting we just take on an
Orca as our mascot:

Unless objection, I'll just put up
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12505693/Orca_479990801.jpgas
our mascot from here on out and close out this two year old item.

St.Ack

Re: DISCUSS: We need a mascot, a totem HBASE-4920

Posted by haosdent <ha...@gmail.com>.
LOL. so KAWAYI

--
Best Regards,
Haosdent Huang

Re: DISCUSS: We need a mascot, a totem HBASE-4920

Posted by Rabbit's Foot <ra...@is-land.com.tw>.
Me too.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
LOL

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)

Re: DISCUSS: We need a mascot, a totem HBASE-4920

Posted by Enis Söztutar <en...@gmail.com>.
My preference order : page 1, page 3, page 4 and page 2.

Enis

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.

Posted by Michael Segel <mi...@hotmail.com>.
Maybe if you had it singing…
“Fish head, fish heads, rolly polly fish heads, eat them up yum!”

Posted by lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org>.
I like the 3rd from the top.

________________________________

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
Here is a new round:

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by Nicolas Liochon <nk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.
Can we not have Stack as the mascot? ;) Else, I'm fine with the Orca too,

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Enis Söztutar <en...@gmail.com>.
Orca +1.

Posted by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Jimmy Xiang <jx...@cloudera.com>.
I was wondering if we can change the color a little bit? The plain white of
the bottom doesn't play well with the background. You know, Hadoop is a
yellow elephant.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
On Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 2:37 PM, lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org> wrote:

> Let's do it as long as we're not calling it a "fish".
>
> +1

I promise not to call the cute little killer a 'fish' going forward.

"I was wondering if we can change the color a little bit? The plain white of
the bottom doesn't play well with the background. You know, Hadoop is a
yellow elephant."

Its kinda hard Jimmy.  Orcas are notoriously black and white (smile).

The image I have up at the head of this thread needs work; e.g. Jimmy's and
the two Nick's comments.  Let it be just a placeholder for now.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
On Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 2:37 PM, lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org> wrote:

> Let's do it as long as we're not calling it a "fish".
>
> +1

I promise not to call the cute little killer a 'fish' going forward.

"I was wondering if we can change the color a little bit? The plain white of
the bottom doesn't play well with the background. You know, Hadoop is a
yellow elephant."

Its kinda hard Jimmy.  Orcas are notoriously black and white (smile).

The image I have up at the head of this thread needs work; e.g. Jimmy's and
the two Nick's comments.  Let it be a placeholder for now.

Posted by lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by Elliott Clark <ec...@apache.org>.
+1 Funny