Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Ian Brockbank <Ia...@wolfsonmicro.com> on 2004/12/02 10:28:46 UTC

Getting list of files with changed content

Hi All,

How can I get a list of the files which have actually changed content
between two branches?

We have a vendor branch, which contains the pristine code received from
our vendors, with no properties.  We then copy this to a corresponding
branch within trunk in which we do our work and make our changes.  We
have properties on in the branch, such as svn:keywords and
svn:eol-style.

When we create a kit, we distribute changed files only - we do not have
the right to distribute the whole tree, only our modifications.  I was
wanting to check that we were distributing all changed files, so
naturally I turned to svn diff --diff-cmd=echo.  However, this gave a
diff for almost every file because of the property changes.

Hence my question - how can I get a list of the files with content
changes only?  (Or put another way, how can I ignore properties when
doing a diff?)

Cheers,

Ian Brockbank
Applications Software Team Leader
e: ian.brockbank@wolfsonmicro.com / apps@wolfsonmicro.com
scd: ian@scottishdance.net
t: +44 131 272 7145
f: +44 131 272 7001

RE: Getting list of files with changed content

Posted by Ian Brockbank <ia...@scottishdance.net>.
Hi All,

> How can I get a list of the files which have actually changed content
> between two branches?
>
> We have a vendor branch, which contains the pristine code
> received from
> our vendors, with no properties.  We then copy this to a corresponding
> branch within trunk in which we do our work and make our changes.  We
> have properties on in the branch, such as svn:keywords and
> svn:eol-style.
>
> When we create a kit, we distribute changed files only - we
> do not have
> the right to distribute the whole tree, only our modifications.  I was
> wanting to check that we were distributing all changed files, so
> naturally I turned to svn diff --diff-cmd=echo.  However, this gave a
> diff for almost every file because of the property changes.
>
> Hence my question - how can I get a list of the files with content
> changes only?  (Or put another way, how can I ignore properties when
> doing a diff?)

Given a resounding silence, I assume what I was asking for isn't supported
by svn diff.  I've found the following command does what I want (eventually
- it takes a while...):

svn diff --diff-cmd diff -x "-q -w -N" <URL1> <URL2> | grep differ